Daniel Bryan beat A.J. Styles for the WWE Championship this week. On Talk Is Jericho, Chris Jericho gave his insight on what he believes Vince McMahon’s thought process was like when making the decision to end Styles’ title reign of more than a year.

“I think that Vince wanted a buzz going into Survivor Series, because he lost his main event, which was Ronda vs. Becky,” Jericho said.

“He needed a buzz. ‘I need buzz-worthy. I will change the title.’ Because to him, A.J. and Bryan are the same. They’re both great workers. They’re both the same size."

Jericho’s explanation didn’t end there, as he also managed to work in a couple of thinly-veiled jabs at Brock Lesnar.

“They’re both going to get eaten alive by Brock depending on what kind of mood he’s in, if he even wants to have a match or whatever,” Jericho said.

“Because sometimes Brock will just show up and say ‘Yeah, we’ll just talk about it in the ring.’ That’s what happened with Ambrose at WrestleMania. They didn’t even go over anything.”

Jericho did not elaborate further. But from the context of the comments, and by invoking the Ambrose match, you can connect the dots on how Jericho feels about Lesnar’s professionalism.