It’s believed that UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier will retire next year. “DC” has set a hard March deadline for his retirement, and it looks like he’s sticking to it. Cormier is coming off a successful heavyweight title defense against Derrick Lewis at UFC 230.

Now, he claims to have just one fight left in the tank. It’s believed that fight will be a huge money fight against Brock Lesnar. Lesnar and Cormier teased a fight with one another this past summer. “DC” looks to make one big paycheck before walking away, and Lesnar seems intent on being a UFC champion again.

However, it’s hard to think that Cormier, given his competitive nature, will be content retiring without avenging his sole loss to Jon Jones. UFC President Dana White would like for Cormier to stick around a while longer to make that fight again. Speaking to TMZ Sports recently, White said he thinks Cormier has a few more fights left in the tank:

“I don’t know [if Cormier’s last fight will be next year],” White said. “We don’t know that either yet. I think Cormier’s got a couple left in him.

“I hope so. That was what I would like. I would like to see Jones and Cormier fight at heavyweight but right now, Cormier’s team wants him to retire right now. They want him to retire right now. I hope we can get three more fights out of him.”