Last month, the UFC and ONE Championship pulled off the first-ever major trade in mixed martial arts history. The UFC sent Demetrious Johnson to ONE Championship in exchange for Ben Askren. UFC President Dana White and ONE CEO Chatri Sityodtong pulled off a game-changing deal.

With the innovation of trades into MMA, many are wondering how frequent of a tendency this can become within the sport. It certainly makes things a lot more exciting. According to Sityodtong, the UFC and ONE trade has already sparked discussions globally.

With that being said, the ONE frontman doesn’t think this will be the last time fight fans witness a trade in MMA:

“There’s a lot of discussions going on globally, that’s all I’ll say,” Sityodtong said. “For sure, this historic first trade ever in MMA history has sparked up a lot of discussions globally with all the major organizations.

“So if I had to predict, I don’t think this will be the last time it happens, which is great for the fans, the organizations, and the athletes. I think it’s something new that’s unprecedented that will cause great positive impact globally.”