Valentina Shevchenko and Joanna Jedrzejczyk will square off in the co-main event of UFC 231 with the vacant flyweight championship on the line. This will be the first time the two women have faced in professional MMA, but the two have battled three times in Muay Thai as eenagers, with the most recent bout taking place in 2008. Valentina Shevencko was the victor of all three fights, and she has no issue in reminding the world about it:

“We fought in Muay Thai three times, all three times it was a unanimous decision, my victory,” Shevchenko told FloCombat. “I think this fight will be a very good fight between two strikers. I think we will put a show on with this fight and everybody will be happy.”

When asked what it is that helped Valentina Shevchenko find success against Jedrzejczyk, Shevchenko’s memory remains vivid. And moreover, she believes that her fight history with Jedrzejczyk still matters and will play a factor in the UFC 231 contest:

“I think it was many factors like strategy, tactics and of course, personal qualities,” Shevchenko said. “My coach can analyze every time and in the fight, he can see all the small details and give the right advice in the right moment. All of this coming together, this has made a success for me all three times.

“Every experience will help. It doesn’t mater when it was, it doesn’t matter how it was—every experience will help,” Shevchenko continued. “For example, I know what to expect from her. I know her style. I know her power. I know her bad and good sides.

“This is the most important that I do my job to prepare me for the fight and be in the best shape and just do the best that I have to do. Just repeat the same result that I already showed.”