It was only a few months ago that the internet was rife with rumors and speculation over where the Lucha Bros. (Rey Fenix and Penatgon Jr.) would end up.

Unfortunately for Rey Fenix, it appears the answer for him is: at home, healing.

Taking to Instagram, Rey Fenix updated his fans on his current situation, explaining that he would be taking the rest of 2018 off in order to heal and rehab his body. The luchador suffered an unfortunate injury, straining his groin, at a recent CMLL event.

“Hello everyone. Today I don’t have a good news. Yesterday night, I wrestle one of the most important matches in CMLL #LaLeyendaDePlata. Like every match I wrestle my 100% excited and passionate. Unfortunately, last night I ended up with a muscular strain in my groin. Everything is good! Just the bad thing, I need cancel every show in December, I will keep every promoter and you guys informed abut my recovery. Thank you, everybody! Thank you for your messages and your love, I wish that people in attendance returned with a smile after the show. My apologies to all people who were waiting for me in their city soon.”

With a schedule that has seen him extensively travel the world throughout 2018, wrestling for promotions such as CMLL, AAA, MLW, Impact Wrestling, and Lucha Underground, Fenix has been on an undeniable run this year.

We wish Rey Fenix a speedy recovery and look forward to what he achieves come 2019.