The Elite is a polarizing group. While many fans love their antics, YouTube show, and matches, some NJPW fans feel their comedic antics take things too far and is not consistent with the style of NJPW they are used to.

Some of these critics decided to bring a sign to a show recently which read “Harold Meij and the Elite Ruined NJPW”. A fan took a screenshot of the sign and sent it to members of the Elite. Kenny Omega then responded.

*checks NJPW international merchandise reports*

— Kenny Omega (@KennyOmegamanX) December 4, 2018

Omega continued to respond to people on Twitter after as well. He responded to this fan who questions Omega’s drawing power:

Didn’t I outdraw Tana vs Okada by over 2 times and set attendance records across the board spanning multiple years? Can we talk about that? Nah, didn’t think so

A fan of Omega’s then took to Twitter to voice their concern that Omega doesn’t let fans disagree with him. Omega had the following response:

Cool. I’ll agree next time that I’m destroying a company I sacrificed everything for and pray to the heavens that you like me

Omega is scheduled to face Hiroshi Tanahashi in the main event of Wrestle Kingdom on January 4th, 2019.