Becky Lynch is arguably WWE’s hottest star at the moment. Her rise began back at SummerSlam when she turned heel on Charlotte Flair following their SmackDown Live Women’s Title match. Despite attempting to turn heel, the WWE Universe has thrown a tremendous amount of support behind “The Irish Lass Kicker.”

Lynch won the SDL Women’s Title from “The Queen” at Hell In A Cell (HIAC), and has reigned ever since. Now, she’s preparing for yet another historic title defense. After successfully defending her title in the first-ever Last Woman Standing match at Evolution, she’ll attempt another historic defense. Lynch will defend her title against Flair and Asuka in the first-ever Women’s Tables Ladders and Chairs (TLC) match.

The bout goes down at the TLC PPV on December 16th from the SAP Center in San Jose, California. Recently, Lynch did a Q&A with the Asbury Park Press to promote the match. One of the questions she was asked was about being trained by fellow WWE star Finn Balor early on in her career.

Here’s what Lynch had to say about being trained by her fellow countryman:

“You know what he taught me a long time ago? He said, “If anybody tells you it’s raining, go out and check.” And I always think that’s perfect. It’s a little bit like the whole (idea that) you can’t trust anybody, right? And not everybody’s got your back, right?

“And so I think I’ve learned that, and you’ve seen that in me coming out on TV recently, that I don’t trust anybody, that I’m going to go out and check for myself and take things for myself. I think that’s what he meant by that. Also, what was so great about Finn is that he was so passionate, right?

“I think that extended down to everybody he taught because we all absorbed that passion and we wanted to be the best. And he just has such a great work ethic and such a discipline and such a drive and such a belief in himself.

“So I think that extended to me and that was something that I looked at and idolized and hoped that one day I could bring out in myself. And look, here we are.”