One of WWE’s newest hot signings is ex-ROH Television Champion, Punishment Martinez.

Martinez enjoyed a successful run within ROH, where he was built as a top star with devastating offense throughout his tenure with the company. It’s an attitude and game plan he’ll probably want to implement now that he’s with WWE’s black and yellow brand, NXT.

Punishment recently debuted on NXT TV in a losing effort against another former independent sensation, Matt Riddle.

Although maybe not the debut he would have hoped for, Martinez took a moment to reflect on his journey and the fact he has now officially debuted for WWE.

Posted via the WWE’s Performance Center Twitter account, Punishment had the following to say:

“Man, I’ll be honest, I didn’t know it was ever going to happen,” Martinez confessed. “Working close to 15 years, you kind of…not lose hope…but you don’t think it’s realistic and then to finally experience it? I was shaking.”

“After so many years, you don’t get the shakes anymore, but I couldn’t stop shaking out there,” he said. “I think I’m still shaking a little bit now. It’s surreal, man. I just want to say thank you to anybody that has ever helped me get here. It’s insane.”