Alex Oliveira feels there are key paths to victory available to him against Gunnar Nelson.

Tonight (Dec. 8), Oliveira will go one-on-one with Nelson on the main card of UFC 231. The action will take place inside the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. “Cowboy” will be looking for his third straight victory.

Oliveira recently talked to reporters during a scrum. He talked about how he stacks up against “Gunni”:

“It’s a great opportunity for me, and if they put me against him that’s cause they know I have the paths to do it. I think if I win this fight it’s going to leave me in a really, really good position. I know he’s good on the ground game, and I’ve been focusing on that. But for him to get me on the ground he has to get near me, and he’s going to have to pass through (my fist).”

UFC 231 will be headlined by a featherweight title bout between champion Max Holloway and Brian Ortega. The co-main event will see Valentina Shevchenko and Joanna Jedrzejczyk go toe-to-toe for the vacant women’s flyweight championship.