The NWA will be holding their first-ever “Pop-Up Event” on January 5th in Clarksville, Tennessee. NWA President Billy Corgan picked up the idea from the music industry. Some bands like to hold impromptu concerts for their fans in random locations. Corgan thought this would be an interesting idea to implement in professional wrestling.

All three of NWA’s champions, Jazz, Willie Mack, and Nick Aldis, will be defending their titles. The show will also feature the first Crocket Cup qualifying contest. NWA’s official Twitter account made the first match for the Pop-Up Event official. It was announced that former TNA World Heavyweight Champion James Storm will be challenging Aldis for the NWA World Title.

Storm had some brief comments on the match-up in NWA’s Twitter video. Check it out below:

“You know I was asked to wear this [NWA] shirt right here,” Storm said. “It’s a nice shirt, but there’s something I much rather be wearing and that is the ten pounds of gold, the NWA World Heavyweight Championship on January 5th, Clarksville, Tennessee.

“The NWA has a long history in Tennessee and I was a big fan of it growing up. That’s all I ever watched was Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, and the list goes on and on.

“Nick Aldis, we have a long history, and Billy Corgan, we have a long history, January 5th just got a lot more interesting.”