There’s no denying that Tomasso Ciampa has been tearing it up as NXT Champion. He’s been instrumental in helping to craft deeper, subtler stories and feuds that seem totally foreign compared with how main roster narratives tend to play out.

It’s a fact that isn’t lost on Ciampa, who has been vocal in the past via his social media accounts about how highly he regards himself.

At a recent NXT live event in St. Paul (12/8), he once again defeated rising superstar, The Velveteen Dream. After earning the victory, however, Ciampa took to the mic in order to remind the people in attendance just how good he actually is. During this promo, he would call himself a “god of pro wrestling.” He also credits himself as the sole reason that NXT ticket sales have gone up.

Tomasso stated that every time he shares the ring with the Velveteen Dream, he’s reminded of just how good Dream is. That, in turn, reinfoces a more important personal truth: “[…] it reminds me I am what I say I am. I’m the greatest damn sports entertainer of all time.”

“But that really doesn’t matter,” he continued, “because what matters is numbers. Last year, when I was on the shelf and NXT came to this very building, they had 600 less people paying for tickets [and] that says the damn champ is a draw!”

“[…] I’ve been only back for eight months and think of everything that Tommaso Ciampa has accomplished. I am a god of professional wrestling,” he proclaimed. “You should worship every step I take and every word that comes out of my mouth. I am what carries this brand. I single-handedly turned NXT into the ‘A Show.’”

Ciampa ended his tirade by passionately claiming that “[…] everybody back there likes to go around and hashtag ‘We Are NXT,’ newsflash – uh uh – I am NXT!”