Matt Hardy appeared to announce his in-ring retirement earlier this year. The ‘Woken’ character had seen an incredible resurgence in his career due to the outlandish persona he had crafted back in TNA and brought over to WWE.

The RAW Superstar recently spoke to WrestlingINC and mentioned that he is looking to return to the ring. Hardy stated that “There is not a set timeline [for me returning]. Whenever I was “going home” there were some issues, some nagging injuries I was dealing with. I had to go home and do some rehabilitation.” Hardy elaborated further, saying that “As far as a timetable of when I’m going to return, I don’t have an exact timetable but I would say sooner than later.”

Matt also discussed his most recent storyline alongside Bray Wyatt. Hardy stated that he “loved working with Bray and I loved teaming with Bray as well.” Matt also stated that “In a perfect world, if Bray and I would have been in full control of what we were doing, it would have been done a little differently. One thing that I totally respect about Bray is how he’s very committed to what he does. Hardy also discussed Bray’s ‘over the top’ character, saying that “if you have an over-the-top persona in wrestling, you really have to commit to be believable and he was very good at doing that. He’s a very talented guy. Between working with him and teaming with him we also became great friends. I’m excited to see what he ends up doing next.”