Ring of Honor star Bully Ray is widely regarded as one of the greatest tag team wrestlers in history. As part of the legendary Dudley Boyz tag team, he and (current WWE producer) Devon would hold tag team gold in virtually every major league promotion across the world.

The former Bubba Ray Dudley rebranded himself as Bully Ray back in 2010 when he was wrestling for Impact Wrestling (formerly TNA). During his reign as Impact World Champion, many fans wondered how that character would fare on the big stage in WWE. When the Dudley Boyz returned to WWE in 2015, he reprised Bubba Ray Dudley for one last run.

Responding to a fan on Twitter, Bully Ray revealed that he was “real close, 48-hours-away-close” to portraying the Bully Ray character in WWE back in August 2016.

“As I’ve stated in the past, we came close…real close…48hrs away close. It was suppose to happen on the night we said goodbye on Raw. Oh well…their loss. And I am having a blast destroying young boys @ringofhonor”

Although we never got to see Bully Ray unleashed on the WWE roster, he’s still doing must-see work in Ring of Honor all these years later. Bully Ray challenges Flip Gordon in an “I Quit” match this Friday night at Ring of Honor’s Final Battle pay-per-view, the promotion’s biggest show of the year.