John Cena, who was most recently active under the WWE banner when he wrestled a match at WWE Super Show-Down pay-per-view event a few months ago, claims to not be appearing on WWE television when returns to the company.

The former WWE Champion is making the media rounds in order to promote his next film. Bumblebee is set to be released to the public on December 21, 2018. While doing an interview with Toronto Sun, he claimed that when he makes his next WWE return later this month, he wouldn’t be working television events but rather just live events. This is despite the fact that WWE is advertising him for the RAW TV event in Orlando, FL on January 7th.

“I do apologize for being away for so long, but I have these wonderful opportunities to try and be a part of another storytelling universe that I truly enjoy,” said Cena. “The WWE is the place that for the past 15 years I’ve had the absolute most fun. I very much look forward to getting back there.”

“None of these shows are televised,” Cena said. “I’m literally just doing it because I want to get back to a place I feel most comfortable and to working with people I can call my family. And I want to have some fun.”