The end of 2018 has been the most contentious free-agency period in wrestling since the Monday Night Wars. As multiple promotion scramble to lock-up talent to their promotion, allegations of talent-raiding and contact interference are rampant.

Admittedly, what is likely a frustrating time for wrestling promoters is also an exciting time for wrestling fans.

According to MLW’s Court Bauer, a promotion recently tried to sign talent already committed to MLW. He made the following comments on Twitter:

2 attempted raids in 2 days as we head into tonight's #MLWFusionLIVE on @beINSPORTSUSA. Wish we could all work together instead of of this trash.

PS: Both dudes declined. Now that's what I call #honor. ?

— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) December 14, 2018

MLW, Impact Wrestling, and Lucha Underground all shared talent throughout 2018.

Ring of Honor recently signed PCO and Brody King from MLW. Neither of them was officially locked-up to the company, however, and King had been upfront with MLW about wanting to go to ROH because of the NJPW talent-sharing relationship.

MLW presents a live edition of Fusion tonight from Miami. The following matches are scheduled to take place on the show:

• Rush vs Rich Swann
  • Dragon Lee vs DJZ
  • MLW Middleweight Championship (Ladder Match)
  • Kotto Brazil vs Andrew Everett vs El Hijo de LA Park vs Dezmond Xavier

This is not the first time this year MLW has complained publicly about other promotions attempting to negotiate with their contracted talent. Court Bauer had the following to say recently on Wrestling Observer Radio.

“I had guys at WaleMania approached by WWE people backstage in the green room about signing,” Bauer said. “I’m like ‘you can’t do that, I’ll give you a freebie, don’t do it again’. Boom, they do it again. I had to send a cease and desist to WWE, that’s called tortious interference.”

Bauer also sent out the following Tweet regarding two luchadors blowing off MLW in order to negotiate with WWE.

We brought in Garza along with Ultimo Ninja this past spring. They vanished, blowing off pre tapes to meet across town with @WWE Talent Relations and negotiate deals. Super talented guys but that was unprofessional and puts you on my do not disturb list. Sketchy move by WWE too.

— Court Bauer (@courtbauer) December 10, 2018