Ring of Honor World Champion Jay Lethal did an interview with Mat Elfring of Gamespot recently where he discussed his Macho Man impression and how Randy Savage and his brother Lanny Poffo loved it.

Jay Lethal gained popularity due to his persona inspired by ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage, which he called ‘Black Machismo.’ He revealed how when he first spoke to Randy Savage and came to know that Randy loved his impression:

“The first time I spoke with [Macho Man Randy Savage], now I’m gonna be honest, I didn’t believe it was him because I can do a pretty good Macho Man impression, and I’m sure other people could too. I’m sure that I know a couple people who can do one.”

“So, when I was talking to him on the phone, deep down inside, I thought this could be somebody else playing a trick on me. Until Lanny [Poffo] actually confirmed that it was his brother. But he loved it. He said he didn’t watch it on TV but he did watch some of the stuff, he pulled my stuff up on YouTube and he absolutely loved it.”

Jay Lethal also talked about how he had talked with Randy’s brother Lanny Poffo and how their hilarious but sweet interaction took place.

“He loved it so much that at the All In pay-per-view, the days before Starrcast, big signing, there was so much to do. Well, I had a signing with Lanny, we were at the same table and he told me, ‘One of the things that I miss the most about my brother is, just sometimes at random times he would just yell at me. So if you could, just at random times throughout this signing just find a reason to yell at me I would love it.’”

Jay Lethal had revived the Black Machismo character at All In and not only that, he also came to the ring accompanied with Lanny Poffo, which made for a really memorable moment. Last night, Jay Lethal defeated Cody Rhodes at Final Battle to retain the ROH Championship