The NWA has booked David Arquette to appear on their pop-up event on January 5th in Clarksville, TN. NWA World Champion, Nick Aldis, is scheduled to defend his title against James Storm at the event.

We are pleased to announce that @DavidArquette will be appearing and wrestling at #NWAPopUp on January 5, 2019 in Clarksville, TN.

Tickets and a very special meet and greet on sale now https://t.co/yuw3haHbfc

— NWA (@nwa) December 18, 2018

The announcement specifically mentions Arquette will be wrestling at the event. NWA regular, Jocephus, later replied “This is very interesting. I have an idea…”, indicating he’d be interested in facing Arquette.

Arquette’s booking has evidently led to his detractors voicing their criticism. He responded to them in a series of Tweets.

“I love all the hate I’m getting here. It baffles me that these people can love wrestling just like I do but I’m a joke in their eyes. That’s why I’m doing what I’m doing. 8 months of training. Two surgeries, 3 broken ribs, traveling across the US, gettin stiffed by promoters, helping shine a light on talent I believe in that aren’t getting recognized, doing little things I won’t mention to give back to both wrestling and individual wrestlers and I’m the asshole? Wrestling is for the people and by the people…”

“I may have grown up in Hollywood but I’m not some stuck up punk. I had and opportunity to be a part of WCW when I was in my 20’s to travel with some of my heroes in the ring and I took it. I’m done apologizing. Now I just want to kick some ass so any of you bitches have a problem with me I’ll see you in Tennessee or wherever I’m wrestling and we can settle it like men.”

NWA Pop Up Event

• NWA World Heavyweight Championship
    Nick Aldis (c) vs James Storm
  • NWA Women’s World Heavyweight Championship
    Jazz (c) vs Allie
  • NWA National Heavyweight Championship
    Willie Mack (c) vs Matt Cross