Eddie Edwards received a broken orbital bone in January after a botched baseball bat spot with Sami Callihan. At Impact Wrestling’s January 2018 tapings, Callihan struck Edwards in the eye with a baseball bat. Callihan had been swinging at a chair which was positioned atop Edwards at the time.

This week, Impact Wrestling fans voted Sami Callihan as the promotion’s MVP of the year. They also voted the infamous baseball bat spot as “Moment of the Year”.

Moment of the Year as voted by YOU – @TheSamiCallihan's devastating baseball bat shot to @TheEddieEdwards!

— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) December 19, 2018

Winner. Winner. Chicken. Dinner.

— WRESTLER OF THE YEAR (@TheSamiCallihan) December 20, 2018

Edwards, who will face Moose at Homecoming, reacted to Callihan’s awards.

???That’s like voting the nascar driver who got into the biggest accident driver of the year

— Eddie Edwards (@TheEddieEdwards) December 22, 2018

Edwards spoke to Sports Illustrated not long after the incident. He said his initial concern was losing his eye.

“Losing my eye was my immediate concern. As soon as I got hit, I put my hand over my eye, started walking up the ramp to the back and all I was thinking was that I really hoped my eye was not hanging out of my head or in my hand.”

Callihan also spoke with TMZ Sports not long after the botched spot took place.

“I hit this man in the face with a baseball bat and in the last 24 hours I’ve been getting all this hate and all this negativity online and Impact says ‘Yo, you have to go out of your way to make this right,'” Callihan said. “People are saying we crossed the line, so from the bottom of my heart, I have to tell each and every one of you that I’m not sorry for a single thing that happened. Look at me and tell me I’m not being serious. I do not feel bad. TMZ is messaging and interviewing Eddie Edwards when they should be interviewing me. The most dangerous man in professional wrestling today. Oh yeah, and Jim Cornette, you can kiss my ass too.”