We are just days away from New Japan’s biggest event of the year. January 4th’s Wrestle Kingdom in the Tokyo Dome is one of the most stacked cards in company history. One of the more intriguing bouts will see Will Ospreay challenge for the NEVER Openweight Championship against Kota Ibushi.

Ibushi recently spoke to NJPW’s Japanese language website regarding the bout. The match will be opening the card, Ibushi had an interesting reaction to this, saying initially ‘”Why the first match?” But now I think that there is nothing more delicious than the first game.'” Ibushi elaborated further saying “I thought “Eh?” At first, but now that a few days later I think that it is worth the same as the main [event].”

Ospreay vs Ibushi is being touted as one of the top bouts already announced for 2019. Both men are seen as risk takers, but Ibushi wanted to clarify that “It’s not just a high flyer showdown” although he believes that “there are many people who think so.”

NJPW also asked Ibushi how he feels the bout will compare to the incredible Ospreay vs Ricochet bouts. Ibushi stated that “I think that I can not compare itself because it is completely different thing. I do not feel like competing against that match in the first place, and I’d like to say that I’m different.“