PROGRESS held their annual ‘Unboxing’ event last night at the Electric Ballroom in Camden, London. The main event of the unannounced show saw Tyler Bate take on Pete Dunne. The company described the bout as a “rematch of the best British bout this decade.” Dunne took to Twitter earlier today and confirmed that his time on the UK’s independent scene was coming to an end. He stated:

“Finished my time on the British independent scene tonight. Closing out a week that saw me in New York, Germany, Spain and London. 13 years that I wouldn’t change for anything, on to the next chapter.”

Several promotions have offered their congratulations to both Dunne and Tyler Bate.

PROGRESS co-owner Jim Smallman said:

“thank you for everything you’ve done in PROGRESS and British wrestling in general. The sky is the limit for you both. Scary how talented you both are.”

wXw also tweeted congratulations to Dunne:

“he has certainly come a long way. We are very happy that one of the best in Europe has been wrestling in Germany three times over the last year. Good luck for your future.”

It was believed that NXT UK Superstars would be able to continue working on the British Indies just with a few caveats. British Strong Style (Dunne, Bate and Trent Seven) are however the biggest stars in the territory and WWE may well be wanting to keep their appearances to a minimum, giving their matches more of a premium vibe.