Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- You can do a lot more on forums than social media sites. - Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Cris Cyborg Has One Fight Remaining on UFC Contract Following UFC 232

Cris Cyborg has been arguably the most dominant competitor in women’s mixed martial arts for over a decade. After losing her debut fight in 2005, Cyborg appeared unstoppable as she steamrolled each of her opponents, making it to a decision only twice in her next 20 fights. That streak would continue on Saturday, only it was Cyborg who was on the wrong end of the stoppage in what might be her penultimate UFC performance, as heading into UFC 232, Cyborg revealed that she only had two fights remaining on her UFC contract:

“After my fight with Nunes, my management will sit with the UFC and discuss what is next,” Cyborg told FloCombat. “Counting Dec. 29, I have two remaining fights on my UFC deal, and am hopeful my new management can help repair the relationship on both sides.

“My team will do their due diligence before we decide which direction to head next.”

With Cris Cyborg losing to Amanda Nunes in the evening’s co-main event, it would seem a great deal of leverage was lost from the Cyborg camp in terms of the negotiating table. Dana White has already voiced that he is not too high on granting Cyborg a rematch for the featherweight championship, stating the victory by Amanda Nunes was “pretty decisive.” Immediately following the loss, Cyborg took to Twitter to address the public, stating that there is more to being a champion than a title belt:

“Today was not our day, but I want you to know that I am very grateful for your affection! Life is like that one day we lose and one day we win!” Cyborg wrote. “Belt for me has always been symbolic, the most important is to be a champion in the lives of people making a difference in this world!”

With one fight remaining on her UFC contract, it would seem there are two options that would make the most sense for Cyborg: a rematch for the 145 championship against Amanda Nunes or a showdown with Megan Anderson, a fight that has been years in the making.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Cyborg will fight one more time and head to Japan to get some freakshow paydays.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Cyborg will fight one more time and head to Japan to get some freakshow paydays.
    I think her MMA days are almost over. She's been doing this a long time. I see her heading into pro-wrestling like Ronda. Maybe not WWE yet, but one of the major indys at some point.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***