DJZ isn’t the only wrestler to be leaving Impact Wrestling, becoming a free agent in the process.

Turns out that Trevor Lee, a former Impact Wrestling X-Division and Tag Team Champion in his own right, will also be departing the company.

Lee announced via social media that he is no longer under contract to the promotion and, like DJZ, is now a free agent.

“Today I am officially a Free Agent. I want to thank @IMPACTWRESTLING for all the friends I have made and knowledge I have learned. #ZNA”

Rumors have been circling Trevor Lee, especially in relation to his interest in WWE. It is speculated that he is a part of their new batch of signees. This new group are expected to be announced this month.

The wrestling industry is on a fascinating precipice at this point in time. With promotions attempting to step up their game to compete with WWE and their growing disillusioned fanbase, independent wrestling has been going from strength to strength over the past few years.

With genuine alternatives such as New Japan Pro Wrestling, Ring Of Honor, and the newly announced All Elite Wrestling, there are an undeniable amount of options available for not only wrestling fans but the wrestlers themselves.