Chris Jericho attacked Tetsuya Naito during the contract signing for their Wrestle Kingdom 13 match, which was also officially made a No DQ bout. The contract signing took place today during the New Japan Pro Wrestling Festival at the Studio Coast venue in Tokyo.

During the angle, Naito taunted Jericho, who promised to retire Naito at Wrestle Kingdom 13. Jericho also asked for the no DQ stipulation. Naito first mocked Jericho for demanding that all of his NJPW matches be no DQ, but agreed to the request, and signed the contract.

Jericho then attacked Naito, stabbing at him with a pen. He then power-bombed his upcoming opponent through a table.

Jericho vs. Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship will be the semi-main event at Wrestle Kingdom 13. Jericho originally won the title from Naito at Dominion in June. He has defended the championship only once since then, defeating EVIL at Power Struggle in Osaka back in November.

Despite his uneventful reign, Jericho now places fifth both in most days spent as IWGP Intercontinental champion.

Recently, Naito took part in an interview with NJPW1972.com and said NJPW management kisses up to Jericho. They do this, Naito says, to appease their international fan base.

“I know that New Japan wants to use his name for overseas expansion, but I want them to stop kissing up to him,” Naito said. “That’ll happen once I take back that title. I’ve said this many times before, but they should focus on showing the pure New Japan style to the world, instead of altering it.”