Kota Ibushi is said to have suffered a concussion during his match with Will Ospreay at Wrestle Kingdom. Ibushi was taken out on a stretcher after the match by several of the New Japan young lions.

NJPW commentator, Chris Charlton, Tweeted out an update on Ibushi’s condition after the match. “Kota Ibushi suffered a concussion against Ospreay,” Charlton Tweeted. “His condition is not described as serious. More information to come.”

Ibushi lost to Will Ospreay in the opening match of the Wrestle Kingdom main card. With the win, Ospreay is the new NEVER Openweight Champion. Ibushi had defeated Hirooki Goto for the title on the final night of the World Tag league.

Not long before Ibushi and Ospreay met at Wrestle Kingdom, Ospreay paid tribute to his opponent on Instagram. He posted a photo of the two from April 2016.

“April 2016.
You have no idea how much you helped me this day. Only a few days before this photo/match, I lost a friend who helped me in British Wrestling, Kris Travis.
To be in the ring with a man I would call an inspiration, helped me not focus on grieving but to celebrate his life.
After this moment and how fans reacted to how we were in the ring, I knew that this was the match I wanted.
Now I’m under a week my dream match on the biggest stage of my life. For a championship that has lost its place in New Japan but now shall live up to what it should be, an Openweight Championship.”