Popular NXT commentator, and all round good guy, Mauro Ranallo recently took to his Twitter account in order to vent his personal frustration with his own performance at last night’s NXT TV tapings.

Ranallo, who was unfortunately recently involved in a car accident on December 23rd, wrote the following:

“Like me or loathe me, I pride myself on performing my job at the highest level possible. Tonight, I failed. I know it will come across as an excuse to some but the car accident and other personal issues affected me more than I thought. I apologize to @WWENXT I WILL BE BETTER.”

Following the initial car accident, the NXT commentator broke the news himself via his Instagram account.

“An Angel was looking over me last night. A car lost control and smashed into me at full speed. Happy to report that no one was seriously injured. I’m still in shock. I guess my work here isn’t done yet. #ChristmasMiracle”

Mauro Ranallo is an outspoken advocate for mental health, often taking to his social media in order to share his own experiences with others. Given the responses he tends to receive, his frank openness has seemingly helped others worldwide.

We wish Mauro the best as he continues to recover from the horrible accident from 12/23 and look forward to him continuing his journey as one of the best commentators in not only WWE but the world.