Welcome to Universe of Wrestling Forums! Established in 2006!

We hope you enjoy your visits.

To get the full benefits of UOW, please register. It is quick and easy.

Benefits include:
- Member only forums.
- Friendly members and staff.
- You lose this welcome at the top of the screen every page.
- A chatbox where you can chat in real time about wrestling or anything else.

A lot more to come as UOW is changing this year.

Click here to register!

Angry Ed Nordholm Addresses Impact Roster, Talks Recent Successes For Impact & Anthem

Anthem Sports and Entertainment’s Ed Nordholm addressed the Impact Wrestling roster yesterday in Nashville. The promotion filmed episodes of Impact Wrestling last night.

According to a report from PW Insider, Nordholm spoke to the roster about the new television deal and the benefits it offers for not just Impact Wrestling but all of Anthem Sports and Entertainment.

Nordholm mentioned Anthem purchased Impact Wrestling because it is one of the better ratings draws for the Fight Network. Anthem also owns the Fight Network. The combat sports dedicated TV network has distribution deals all over the world and recently announced new deals in 2018 in the United Kingdom and Mexico. The Fight Network’s growth in 2018 is also an accomplishment Impact Wrestling can take partial credit for. Impact has value to Anthem beyond revenue earned from TV deals or PPVs, they are helping to expand the reach of the Fight Network and other properties of Anthem Sports and Entertainment.

Nordholm also denied reports that the company was looking to sell. There had been reports that the company was looking to sell to AEW. Nordholm, however, denied the company was looking to sell.

Nordholm also addressed the benefits of the new TV deal in the United States, where the promotion will air on the Pursuit channel. He again mentioned that part of the reason Anthem purchased Impact Wrestling was to provide benefits to their other properties, such as the Pursuit channel, which Anthem owns a minority stake in.

Another benefit of the new deal with Pursuit is that they are able to post full episodes to Twitch and even air them live at the same time as the show airs on Pursuit, Friday’s at 10 PM est. Now anyone with access to the internet can watch episodes of Impact Wrestling as they air for free.

Impact Wrestling is expected to hold another PPV in April. The promotion traditionally holds their Lockdown PPV in April. It’s not clear if the all steel cage PPV will be returning in 2019, however.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

He absolutely tried to sell the company and absolutely no one was interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    He absolutely tried to sell the company and absolutely no one was interested.
    Billy Corgan wanted the company, but they screwed him out of the deal. Now they've moved it to a cable channel that a majority of North America doesn't have. I don't see this company going the full run. Honestly, I'm surprised it's gone on this long. When I was going to TNA show's I really thought the PPV only weekly shows would put the company under. I guess technically it did because Jarrett sold it to Dixie.

BOW DOWN TO THE KING

***GAME OVER!***

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Billy Corgan wanted the company, but they screwed him out of the deal. Now they've moved it to a cable channel that a majority of North America doesn't have. I don't see this company going the full run. Honestly, I'm surprised it's gone on this long. When I was going to TNA show's I really thought the PPV only weekly shows would put the company under. I guess technically it did because Jarrett sold it to Dixie.
    Corgan wanted it when it ended up being sold to Anthem. He had no interest in it recently when the rumors were that they were trying to sell it to AEW.