Amidst all the announcements Tuesday in Jacksonville, AEW did not announce a television deal. According to recent comments by AEW’s Chris Jericho, however, he would not have signed with the company if a strong television deal wasn’t on the table for the new promotion.

Jericho said he is aware of a couple of strong deals the promotion is working on. He made the comments on SiriusXM’s Busted Open:

“I wouldn’t have gone to All Elite if there wasn’t a strong TV deal on the table being worked on, and there’s a couple that I know of that are on the table…” @IAmJericho on why @AEWrestling will further legitimize itself when their TV deal is announced. #AEW”

Tony Khan appeared on Sean “X-Pac” Waltman’s podcast recently. He addressed potential television deals for the new promotion as well. Although he stated he was not able to go into details on negotiations, he did confirm there are several interested parties.
Jim Ross on AEW Potential Television Deal

Jim Ross also commented on a possible AEW television deal recently. Ross believes a television deal is all but finalized for the promotion.

“I think a TV deal is basically done,” Ross said. “Why would you do all this celebration? Why would you have this major announcement, this huge event, if you didn’t have TV pretty much locked up?”