Tessa Blanchard is one of the most talented female professional wrestlers of any promotion at the moment. She is a former IMPACT Knockouts Champion and was named Knockout Of The Year for 2018. Blanchard debuted for IMPACT back in April and began a feud with Kiera Hogan. The following August, she won a Triple Threat match against Su Yung and Allie to win the IMPACT Knockouts Championship.

Blanchard successfully defended her title against the likes of Gisele Shaw, Yung, Faby Apache, and many more. Recently, Taya Valkyrie defeated Blanchard at IMPACT “Homecoming,” ending Blanchard’s reign of 147 days. Looking back at 2018 for Blanchard, who began her career back in 2014, it was a very successful year for the 23-year-old. Recently, Blanchard spoke to Wrestling Epicenter and discussed her IMPACT run in 2018.

During the interview, Blanchard was asked about her goals for 2019. The former Knockouts Champion admitted she’s not sure what 2019 holds for her. But one thing is for sure, it’ll be better than 2018:

“You know, I’m not sure what is going to happen in 2019, but I do know that it is going to be better than 2018. That is a huge statement to make because 2018 was absolutely amazing. But, with the WOW Superheroes on AXS TV, which has Mark Cuban and Jeanie Buss behind that.

“I’m so excited for people to see that air in January. With Impact, I hope to retain my Knockouts championship. I hope for women to main event an Impact [PPV] event which has not been done yet. I hope to share the ring with Gail Kim one day – I hope that intergender wrestling can make a breakthrough.

“There are a lot of hopes for 2019. But, you know, I’ve been going moment by moment, match by match, and it seems to be working out so far!”