Dillon Danis loves to talk trash. Much like his friend and training partner Conor McGregor. However, things didn’t go very well for Danis this time around. He attempted to take a shot at former UFC fighter and former jiu-jitsu opponent Jake Shields. The Bellator fighter posted the following photo of himself and Shields in the middle of a jiu-jitsu match. In the photo, he had Shields’ back and captioned it “hugging my son”:

hugging my son

— Dillon Danis (@dillondanis) January 13, 2019

Shields brilliantly responded by mentioning he actually won their Submission Underground 4 match. He also took a shot at Dillon for his affiliation with former UFC “Champ Champ” Conor McGregor:

I’m actually old enough to be your dad and still easily beat you at your own sport. Your biggest accomplishment is sucking Conor’s dick

— Jake Shields (@jakeshieldsajj) January 13, 2019

Danis responded by threatening to knockout Shields, but deleted the Tweet soon after:

“stop talking out of pocket son before i have to knock you the f*ck out”

Perhaps Shields and Danis could settle their differences inside the mixed martial arts cage. Danis made his MMA debut back in April for Bellator. He won via first-round submission. As for Shields, he has been fighting since 1999, and currently fights for the Professional Fighters League (PFL).