Former WWE Champion, John “Bradshaw” Layfield says he dealt with memory loss after retiring from wrestling. JBL was on Prime Time with Sean Mooney recently. He talked about his concerns about possibly having CTE, which currently can only be diagnosed posthumously.

The topic of the many unprotected chairshots that used to take place throughout JBL’s career came up. Mooney then asked JBL if he worries about the long term impacts of such blows to the head.

“I figure pretty sure soon I’ll be hunting for the Easter eggs I just hid. I don’t know, I should be the poster child for CTE,” JBL said. “When I first retired, I had short term memory loss, and I started reading about neuroplasticity in the brain, about how the brain can regenerate itself and I don’t know if it can or not.”

JBL then mentioned he does many cognitive strengthening activities to keep his mind active.

“I do all kinds of stuff, I do a mind game every day, I play chess, sudoku, I learn something different, a language, a few words of a different language, I learn something to always stretch the brain and my memory came back completely. Right now it appears to be as normal, if I can be called normal but as normal as I know I am. Right now, I don’t have any effects.”