There has been a lot of talk regarding All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and what’s next for the startup promotion. AEW held a big rally last week to announce several signings and answer various questions from media outlets. The promotion is being funded by the Khan family. Jacksonville Jaguars co-owner Tony Khan will serve as the President of AEW. Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks, Chris Jericho, Adam Page, PAC, and more are part of the promotion’s roster.

One of the big bits of news that has yet to become clear is what network AEW will sign a broadcast deal with. It’s likely that AEW already has a deal in place with a major network. Someone like Chris Jericho wouldn’t have signed with the company without knowing such an announcement is on the horizon. WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross offered his thoughts on the matter on his podcast, “The Ross Report.”

“JR” said he doesn’t think the AEW rally would’ve happened if a television deal wasn’t already in place:

“I don’t think you go on and do a big presentation like those folks, the Khans, AEW, did on Tuesday if you’re not pretty damn set on your television outlet. So I think the television outlet is more set than people probably know and maybe they’re not ready to know or need to know right now.” Ross said.

“Maybe there’s an I not dotted, or T crossed or whatever, but getting on a basic cable channel to me is imperative.”