On April 6th, NJPW and ROH will perform in front of a sold-out Madison Square Garden. No matches have been made official for the event. There is a rumored main event match being talked about, however. The show’s potential main event was addressed recently on Wrestling Observer Radio. According to Dave Meltzer, the rumored main event is Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada.

“That’s the match I’ve heard,” Meltzer said referring to Tanahashi vs Okada. “I don’t think it’s official or anything. When I was in Japan that was what everybody was saying but I don’t know if that was more rumor and what would make sense. It’s kind of like if you don’t have Omega in the main event then you have to have Tanahashi and Okada.”

Tetsuya Naito was discussed as someone who could be put in the main event as well. Chris Jericho’s name came up in the discussion too.

Tanahashi vs Okada is one of the most storied rivalries in NJPW history, however. The two have met in 13 single’s match. They each have a record of 5-5-3 against each other dating back to 2010.

Some members of the Elite have specifically mentioned they will not be performing on April 6th. Cody had the following to say on the show to Sports Illustrated late last year:

“After 10 years with WWE doing ’Mania weekend and two more with ROH, I am leaving that weekend for the boys and girls of the WWE.”