This week WWE announced that the first ever WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions would be crowned at February’s Elimination Chamber. The event will see 3 Raw teams combat with 3 SmackDown teams inside the Elimination Chamber itself.

Both the championships and the matchup were revealed this past Monday on Monday Night Raw by Alexa Bliss during her new talk show segment, A Moment Of Bliss.

Since then, the entire WWE roster has had an opportunity to soak in the news, and many are already staking their interest and claim on the belts.

Naomi, who had been in a series of tag team matches with Asuka prior to her winning the SmackDown Women’s championship, said, “I need a ride or die partner ASAP!”

Sonya Deville reflected on her and Mandy Rose entering the chamber to make history last year, promising that they’ll “do it again and become the first ever women’s tag champs!”

Mandy seconded her partners’ sentiment, “This is awesome… @SonyaDevilleWWE & I WILL become the first-ever Women’s #TagTeamChampions #FireNDesire”

Member’s of the Riott Squad also made their feelings clear about wanting the championship for themselves. Ruby made a clear statement, “These WILL be ours. #RiottSquad,” whilst Riott squad member, Sarah Logan, said:

Those #WomensTagTeamChampionships are ours.
Mark.
My.
Words #Riottisforever

— Sarah Logan (@sarahloganwwe) January 15, 2019

And you better put respect on them! @WWE

— $asha Banks (@SashaBanksWWE) January 15, 2019

I woke up this morning with this image burned into my mind. 2019 is the year of #TheHorsewomen

— Jessamyn Duke (@jessamynduke) January 15, 2019

Makes my heart beat a little harder, a little faster

— Peyton Royce (@PeytonRoyceWWE) January 15, 2019