Ivelisse has been a member of the Lucha Underground roster since 2014. She has achieved a number of things during her time with the company, including becoming a two-time Trios champion.

Last night, Ivelisse took to social media to express her discontent with her current situation with the promotion. Apparently, she has formally requested her release from the company only to be denied.

In her statement, she said:

“Ive done everything in my power to avoid having to do this but.. at this point I literally have no other choice.

For a bit over 1 1/2 [years] now I’ve been battling LU to grant me my release. They convinced me to do S4 under the promise that I’d be released after the season concluded and was still unhappy. They currently are still refusing to do so despite having been told numerous times that they would.

This has caused me an unbearable amount of grief for so long now, I really have no words to describe and dont know what else to do. being legally held hostage while Pro Wrestling is booming is a matter not to be taken lightly, especially coming from someone who has dedicated their life to their work, its everything to me.

I am at my wits end, so at this point, regardless what happens from here on out, at the very least my story is told.”

Other wrestlers have since read Ivelisse’s statement of frustration and responded, including fellow Lucha Underground wrestler, Joey Ryan:

I back Ivelisse 100% on this. Prior to S4, we were told anybody who requested a release would be granted one. Some did and left after the tapings. Others showed faith in the product and now seems are being punished for it. With no S5 in sight, it’s petty to keep anyone locked up.

— Joey Ryan (@JoeyRyanOnline) January 15, 2019