It’s no secret that The Revival’s time on the main roster in WWE has been nothing short of a shambles. Whether it be injuries or bad booking, Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder’s time on Raw has been underwhelming when compared to the potential shown in many stellar matches in NXT.

Earlier today, rumors broke online that The Revival asked for their release from WWE following their match against Lucha House Party on this week’s Raw. While this hasn’t been confirmed or denied by anyone, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful has been able to provide us with the most clear cut clarification so far on the situation:

“Fightful.com learned today that several within WWE were fearful that Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder were finishing up with the company. I’m careful to make sure not to say they outright asked for their releases, as I wasn’t told explicitly that’s what happened. Instead, I was told “has reason to be very fearful that The Revival are done or finishing up with the company” after a situation unfolded at WWE Raw.

“A release is anything but guaranteed, and our sources were quick to point out that everything is handled on a case-by-case basis.”

So to clarify, Sean Ross Sapp isn’t saying The Revival asked for their release, but there are fears from those within the company that the pair could be wanting out.