Xavier Woods has utilized a number of WWE talent in the past as he grew his successful YouTube channel, UpUpDownDown.

What began as a passion project for The New Day member has evolved into a show loved by members of the WWE Universe worldwide. That didn’t go unnoticed by WWE.

Speaking with spin.ph (Sports Interactive Network Philippines), Woods divulges just how much influence WWE has with UpUpDownDown, as well as the impact playing video games has helped the locker room morale.

Despite beginning with just Woods wanting to share his love of gaming, he admits that UpUpDownDown is now “within the WWE umbrella,” but insists that “It is its own thing.”

“I would say I have 92% creative control,” he said. “I am lucky enough to now have a team of editors and producers. We’ve gone from me and two other guys to now me and six other people. So, it’s creating jobs within the company. There isn’t much they take out. The biggest thing is just cursing and that’s because people get heated.”

He then reflected on how WWE’s attitude toward gaming has shifted since his YouTube show’s success, calling their mindset a “complete one-eighty.”

“[…] once the YouTube channel was generating money for the company, it became okay. When we set up a Playstation or an Xbox, we call it ‘The Lab,’ because when we’re in there, we’re cooking. At its height, you might see eight Playstations going on at one time in the locker room and it’s a rotating thing. We have the shows to worry about and we need a way to relax. Back in the day, it used to be cards.

“For us, it’s upped morale by a hundred percent! There are guys who might not have been as close to each other and now, they’ve got a tight-knit battle they’ll want to get to when they get to the arena. So it helps in that respect. And honestly, that boosts everyone up so once we’re in the ring, performing, we’re a lot more comfortable with each other. It’s very healthy for the locker room, I think.”