NXT Superstar, Dakota Kai, is going in for surgery to repair a torn ACL. She hasn’t wrestled since an NXT house show in Green Bay on December 17th. Kai was teaming with Candice LeRae & Kairi Sane in a match against Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir when the injury occurred.

"I’m about to head into surgery, so let me give you an update

I had always felt invincible. Working through minor injuries was something I never thought twice about because love what I get to do.”

“On December 7th in Green Bay during the last NXT Road Loop of 2018, I planted my foot awkwardly after a kick and I tore my ACL. I put off posting this because I wanted to focus on being home for the holidays and to be honest, I dreaded having to even mention this as I didn’t want to let any of you down. That, over everything, was and is the most heartbreaking feeling in the world.”

“Unfortunately, this will take me out for a bit. I’m surrounded by amazing people, doctors, trainers, and you. It helps more than I can explain especially being so far away from my family. The amount of positivity and support I have received already has been so overwhelming. It’s going to be a tough ride, mentally and physically. I know that. The last thing I want is any sympathy… but hear me when I say this: Within my whole being, I know for sure I will be back stronger than ever. I will hit the ground, running. That’s a promise.”

“‘Above all, don’t fear the difficult moments. The best comes from them.'”