The Revival has been pretty vocal in the past few months on social media. Asking fans to not “give up” on them, starting an official petition to get Lucha House Rules banned, or teasing a matchup with All Elite’s Young Bucks — The Revival is harnessing social media in order to remind the WWE Universe they are still there. For now.

Bryan Alvarez of F4WOnline.com recently commented on The Revival and their status within WWE.

“The only thing I can tell you about The Revival right now is I don’t know if they asked from a release from WWE, but I do know they have been asking about doing more matches down in NXT,” he revealed.

“I don’t know if that would mean going full-time back to NXT. Obviously, there are a lot of great tag teams in NXT. People love working house shows and people love working NXT shows. There are a lot of people — I’m not saying it’s The Revival — but they had more fun in NXT. Obviously, you can tell by watching the main roster, but it could have just been that they asked to do more NXT TV shows or they did ask for their full release. Maybe they’ll get it, maybe they won’t.”

Rumors have been circulating that Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson could be leaving, or intend to leave, WWE. It was only discovered yesterday that Mike and Maria Kanellis reportedly requested their formal WWE releases. Triple H also discussed his take on what WWE’s landscape could look like in the future, which would, in theory, allow The Revival to jump between brands if they so chose.

With so many options now available for squandered talent, returning to NXT, or leaving for new opportunities must seem more alluring than ever before.