During last night’s Mortal Kombat 11 event, it was revealed that Ronda Rousey would be voicing Sonya Blade. The event was broadcast live from both Los Angeles and London, with different reveals happening at each.

Boon played a short behind-the-scenes documentary video that would eventually announce Ronda Rousey’s involvement with the game. She admitted she was excited about the opportunity. Ronda also referred to Sonya Blade as the first “kick-ass female video game character that I related to.”

“It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.”

The current Raw Women’s Champion shared that she had “always admired her [Sonya Blade] and, admittedly, kind of emulated her in my own way, and now I get to try and be her.”

After the video concluded, Boon would then introduce Ronda on stage for a short interview. They discussed what it was like to be a part of the franchise, who her favorite Mortal Kombat character is, and how she prepared for the role.

Sonya Blade was one of the original 7 fighters available on Mortal Kombat’s roster, released back in 1992. She was also the only female character.

For the gamers among you, Mortal Kombat 11 will be released on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, and Nintendo Switch on April 23rd.