Last month we reported that Toronto musician Joseph Shabson said he scored music for a documentary on New Japan Pro Wrestling star Kenny Omega. The documentary is being worked on by HBO. However, it’s HBO’s Canadian department. Not to be confused with the team that worked on WWE Hall Of Famer Andre The Giant’s documentary last year.

While fans have only had the word of Shabson to go on, we now have confirmation, and a release date, for the documentary. Writer, assistant director, and producer Corey Erdman recently confirmed the project. Erdman revealed on Twitter (The Tweet has since been deleted) that the documentary will be named “Omega Man: A Wrestling Love Story.” He also noted that it will be released on TSN on March 27th:

“I can finally talk about what I’ve been doing for a year. I have been writing/producing and assistant directing Omega Man: A Wrestling Love Story, on the brilliant @KennyOmegamanX. Premiering March 27 on @TSN_Sports. Watch the early trailer here: https://www.tsn.ca/engraved”

Toronto Sports Network is not a channel available in the United States. There’s currently no news on how wrestling fans stateside can watch the documentary upon its release. But we’ll keep you updated as more information becomes available.

There has been a lot of speculation in regards to Omega’s future. His deal with NJPW is set to expire soon. Many assume the former IWGP Heavyweight Champ is All Elite Wrestling-bound (AEW). However, Omega recently noted that he’ll be wrestling on a “large international platform” in 2019. This led many to believe he’ll be going to WWE. It remains to be seen where Omega will end up, but expect the announcement very soon.