Tag team wrestling just isn’t what it used to be anymore. Today, tag team wrestling isn’t as big of a focus point for WWE as it used to be. In past generations, tag teams were some of WWE’s biggest stars. Names like The Rockers, Money Inc., The Steiners, The Dudley Boyz, The Hardy Boyz, Edge and Christian, and so many more come to mind. Today, however, there doesn’t seem to be any tag teams that really get fans pumped like they used to.

Much of that can be attributed to the lack of commitment WWE gives to helping the tag team division grow. This is why teams like The Revival are becoming frustrated with their position in the company, and requesting their release. Tag team legends Edge and Christian commented on this during their podcast, “E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness.”

During the show, WWE Hall Of Famer Edge questioned Vince McMahon’s commitment to tag team wrestling. He doesn’t believe “The Chairman Of The Board” sees money in the division:

“I don’t know how much Vince [McMahon] will ever focus on tag teams because I don’t think he sees money in it. There can be. We’ve proven there can be, and the Rock ‘N’ Roll Express has proven there can be, and the Dudleys and the Road Warriors.

“And there [are] a lot of instances proving that tag team wrestling, and I know that Steve Austin would be one to throw his hat into this ring. Tag team wrestling can be the best match on the show.” Edge said.

“I just don’t know if Vince is ever going that way. I think any time that tag team wrestling has made any kind of headway on the show it [has] almost been by accident without anybody realizing that it’s happening!”