Flip Gordon was unable to finish his match at Honor Reigns Supreme on January 13th. Gordon was wrestling Tracy Williams in Concord, NC when the ref waved off the match after it was determined Flip could no longer continue.

Ring of Honor has provided an update on his injury. The 27-year-old suffered an MCL tear. He is, however, expected back in time for the promotion’s big G1 Supercard in Madison Square Garden on April 6th, 2019.

“An MRI exam revealed that Ring of Honor star Flip Gordon suffered a full MCL tear in his right knee during a match at Honor Reigns Supreme in Concord, N.C., on Jan. 13,” reads an ROH press release.

“The good news is that the timetable for Gordon’s recovery means he should be able to compete at Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling’s historic G1 Supercard show at sold-out Madison Square Garden on April 6.”

Flip spoke to Wrestling Inc in November about possibly becoming the face of the promotion after the departures of the Elite.

“That is my goal,” He continued. “I re-signed with ROH and I’m with them until 2020. I knew that when I signed the contract, this is a commitment. Two years I’m with ROH. So if people leave, great! That is just more opportunities for me. If they stay, great! That’s even harder I have to work then because I still want those spots.”