With all the anticipation surrounding Kenny Omega, it appears that “The Best Bout Machine” has plenty of options available to him as his NJPW contract nears expiration. Unsurprisingly, one promotion, in particular, would love to have Omega join their ranks: All Elite Wrestling.

Speaking recently with the Breaking Kayfabe podcast, Executive Vice President of AEW, Cody Rhodes, spoke candidly on a number of issues. During the course of the podcast, Cody would discuss NJPW, AEW’s growing roster, as well as his vision for the long term company goals, and the chances of signing Kenny Omega.

It appears that Cody still has intentions of wrestling for New Japan Pro Wrestling. He was open with his praise for the company, saying “What a wonderful, absolutely wonderful company that is! And an absolutely wonderful environment — locker room and really, in the world of sports entertainment, they skew so far toward the sport of pure wrestling. I definitely know that I don’t think it’s the last for me. I’m just speaking for me, I can’t speak for the company in this regard, but I’d like to remain friends.”

He would then allude to NJPW’s continued working relationship with Ring Of Honor, and hoped that AEW could one day join that.

“They have various partnerships now, New Japan does. I’d hope that maybe All Elite Wrestling can be one as well.”

In regards to Kenny Omega, Cody was quick to assure everyone that, no matter where Omega ends up, The Elite would support his decision. As far as Cody is concerned, Omega will always be a part of The Elite.

“Kenny’s a free agent and not arguably, genuinely, he’s the hottest free agent in the world,” Rhodes said.

“One thing I really like about the group of friends and The Elite group is, no matter what he decides to do, if he decides to go to WWE, if he decides to go to AEW, if he continues to only do New Japan Pro Wrestling, he’s still part of The Elite, and everyone supports whatever decision that he makes.

I obviously want him to be a part of what’s happening because, who am I kidding, I’m late to the party that is The Elite. […] I’d really like him to join us but time, and what’s most important to him, will kinda be the factors there. Money is one thing, creative freedom is another.”