Sean Waltman believes that women’s wrestling is about to reach another milestone.

On this week’s X-Pac 12360, Waltman spoke about the upcoming women’s Royal Rumble match, and what is on the line.

“The stakes are really high for the women’s Rumble winner,” said Waltman. “I think the women’s Rumble winner is going to be in the main event at WrestleMania.”

The long-rumored main event for that show has been Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey taking on “The Man” Becky Lynch. Whether or not that match actually goes on last that night, though has been up for debate.

In Waltman’s mind, that debate is settled.

“Ronda will be in the main event at WrestleMania,”
Waltman said.

As to whether Rousey will face Lynch as expected, or faces Charlotte Flair instead, or those three face off in a triple threat match, Waltman is not certain.

“I don’t know which way they want to go with it,” Waltman said. “As long as they do a good job building it up, I would be fine with either Charlotte or Becky if it’s just a singles match.”

Waltman also believes that the fact that Rousey is on Raw, while Flair and Lynch are on Smackdown, is not a serious obstacle.

“They could do title for title,”
said Waltman.

Ultimately, Waltman says that he has high hopes for the Rumble match, regardless of where the storyline leads.

“The women might outdo the men, as far as quality of the Rumble.”

You can hear Waltman’s full comments below.