Chris Jericho let off some steam and spoke his mind on social media in the early hours of Monday morning. Jericho took shots at Brock Lesnar and other rivals of his new home promotion, All Elite Wrestling.

At Sunday night’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view from Phoenix, Arizona, Brock Lesnar successfully retained the Universal Championship against Finn Balor. The match took place deep into the marathon show. Jericho apparently was not impressed with Brock Lesnar. Jericho implied Lesnar’s aura is all smoke and mirrors and that it’s time for WWE’s top star to “pull up his pants and lose the gut.”

Intimidation and fear goes a LONG way in our business guys. But let’s be honest, @BrockLesnar needs to pull up his pants and lose the gut… the dream is over dude. I don’t play by the script… @wwe @AEWrestling

— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) January 28, 2019

With All Elite Wrestling ramping up this year, many fans have been speculating if AEW will try to poach talent from WWE, Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling. Jericho said WWE is full of ‘random’ talent and there’s only 6-8 wrestlers from those 3 companies AEW would be interested in.

Hey @wwe, @ringofhonor & @IMPACTWRESTLING … I love watching you push all your randoms, But just know that we are interested in maybe 6-8 of your talents total. We don’t need you! @AEWrestling

Jericho also commented on whether or not AEW would be interested in underutilized WWE talent. A fan on Twitter specifically referenced Zack Ryder or Tyler Breeze as guys who might fare better in AEW. Jericho’s not interested.

Not interested…

Jericho and Lesnar do have a bit of history together. They are said to have gotten into a backstage conflict at SummerSlam 2016. Lesnar defeated Orton that night but left him in a bloody mess, the result of trying to open him up “the hard way”.

Jericho addressed what happened on Chael Sonnen’s podcast.

“Not to get into specifics … it was basically between me and Brock, but we did have a little bit of a brouhaha, shall we say,” Jericho said. “I just thought the finish of that match was very brutal and very violent, and I just didn’t know if Randy was OK. I was checking on Randy, my friend. We’ve always been pretty close.”