Given his stature and length of service in the wrestling industry, it might be tempting to paint Jim Ross as something of a curmudgeon. Whether it be his take on WWE creative or the in-ring product, JR certainly holds what might be considered old school views.

But if you listen to The Jim Ross Report weekly, you also know that Good Ol’ JR does not hold back his praise for the modern WWE product when he believes it is warranted. Ross expresses that sentiment on this week’s show when discussing the Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch faceoff from Raw on Monday.

“I don’t think I have ever heard a more intense or memorable segment than the verbal interaction, the verbal sparring, between Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch,” said Ross.

That’s right, the announcer who provided the soundtrack to the Attitude Era ranks the Rousey and Lynch segment right at the top of his list.

“Becky Lynch cut a strong-ass promo, and Ronda Rousey trumped it,” said Ross.

“I didn’t think she was memorizing or reciting someone else’s lines that they wrote at their little laptop. It felt real to me.”

Ross also praised Rousey for recovering after the audience threw her off her promo game.

“The audience hijacked Ronda and knocked her off her game for a few minutes. I’ll never understand that, quite frankly,” said Ross.

“They hijacked the interview, and she miraculously recovered to rebut Becky Lynch.”

“That was an amazing segment.”