WWE pre-show analyst and Sirius XM Radio host Sam Roberts has responded to some criticism over the comments that he made about NXT star Bianca BelAir.

For those who may have missed the pre-show for NXT TakeOver: Phoenix, Roberts stated that BelAir didn’t belong on the Takeover card. This comes on the same night that she challenged WWE NXT Women’s Champion Shayna Baszler for the strap at the Talking Stick Resort Arena on the WWE Network.

Moving along to a few days after the show, Roberts took to his latest podcast in order to address the reason he said what he did as well as the theory going around that it was scripted.

Roberts started out by stating that WWE asks him to give his opinion on things when they invite him to the kickoff shows. “On Saturday night, I was not fed an opinion in my ear,” Roberts said.

He’s heard one of the theories and ruled that out by stating that he has never been fed an opinion in his ear but rather they have him come to the shows to give his opinion and wouldn’t do so if they told him what to say.

He admitted to having a crisis of conscience as in that moment as he felt like he was just going along with the show and decided to say exactly how he felt at that moment.

“I certainly will not be apologizing to Bianca Belair because my opinion is my opinion,” Roberts added. He continued by stating that not everyone was thrilled with his comments but noted that “we’ll see how things go as we move forward.”