Former WWE World Heavyweight and Tag Team Champions Edge & Christian participated in a Q&A session as part of their Pod Of Awesomeness podcast. E&C discussed their favorite match stipulations, title designs and more.

When asked what their favorite match stipulation was, they agreed that the Iron Man match was the ‘most intriguing.’

Iron Man Matches:

“I never got a chance to participate in one, but I wanted to be in an iron man match. I really just wanted to go in there and I remember pitching a couple of times too, and it wasn’t necessarily for an iron man match. But I wanted to just go out there for a full hour and just do a match.” Christian confirmed. “I never got a chance, but I think that would have been my favorite stipulation just because it’s such a challenge to pace yourself and keep the audience engaged the entire length of that type of match.” Christian elaborated further, saying “there are so many things you could do with it, like nobody has a fall going into the last minute, or one guy is down a fall, or you could have a bunch of falls happen pretty quickly, whatever, or a few fall quickly toward the end and they’re trying to get that last pin. There [are] so many different ways you could go with it.”

Edge also commented on the stipulation, saying “I’ve never been in one of those either. I think that would have been a cool, fun one to try to wrap your brain around. Yeah, I’m going to agree. And here’s one thing, though, that I think I might have mentioned it in the history of this show, but why do they call it an iron man match still when it’s two women wrestling? It should be an iron woman match.” Edge continued, “that bugs me when I see that.”

Dream Opponents:

When asked who they wished they could’ve faced in their careers Edge gave some interesting answers. Bret ‘Hitman’ Hart, WWE Superstars Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Shinsuke Nakamura and IWGP Heavyweight Champion Hiroshi Tanahashi. Christian said that he wishes he could’ve had a match with former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega.