WWE will once again present Halftime Heat during tonight’s SuperBowl. NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa, NXT North American Champion Johnny Gargano, and Adam Cole will be facing against Ricochet, The Velveteen Dream, and Aleister Black.

Mick Foley took part in an Empty Arena match for the last Halftime Heat, facing The Rock. Foley recently spoke to ESPN regarding the match and who thought of the idea to present a WWE show during the SuperBowl’s halftime.

“I think a year earlier MTV has had a lot of success doing Celebrity Deathmatch with claymation figures, one of which was Stone Cold Steve Austin, and they’d done a tremendous rating during halftime of the Super Bowl,” Foley stated. “I don’t know when the idea came to Mr. McMahon to take that giant audience and kind of keep it for ourselves, but I do remember being asked about it, and then it was my suggestion that The Rock and I do an empty arena match.”

Foley also discussed how different the presentation was to a usual WWE show. “The fact that it was so completely different than anything on television was also indicative of the chances we regularly took, whether it was on the microphone or in the ring” Foley claimed. “Later on, [that] really led to great chemistry as a tag team. We were really rolling, and it was understood that The Rock was going to go on to bigger and better things, one of them being a WrestleMania main event with Stone Cold Steve Austin.”