Mickie James says Becky Lynch might be “the Man” but she’s “the Woman”. James spoke to reporter Chris Van Vliet recently about her Twitter battle with Becky Lynch, being a women’s wrestling pioneer, and returning to WWE in 2016.

“I mean it’s cool, she’s the man,” Lynch said. “That’s cool. And I’m the woman. I said it there and I’ll say it again, women have always been the dominant sex. So if you want to do this whole ‘I’m the man’ thing which I think went out in 2010 if you want to bring that back, that’s cool. But I’m a woman, I’m a grown ass woman, you know what I mean? And I’m proud of it. I love Becky though, I do respect her. I think she’s fantastic, she is amazingly talented. I’m just better.”

James began her first run with WWE in 2005 and kickstarted a memorable feud with Trish Stratus which would culminate in a show-stealing WrestleMania 22 performance. She also spoke on what it was like wrestling against the likes of Stratus and Beth Phoenix.

“There was a difference between the girls who went out and did gravy bowl matches and granted we were all asked to do some of that stuff but I think even still, the matches that I would have with Beth Phoenix or Trish Stratus they were held at different standards,” James said. “I don’t think there was ever at any time when the boys in the locker room, at least when I went out there, would say this isn’t going to be a good match.”

James was also asked about the new promotion, AEW, and what it means for the industry.

“It’s good for the boys, it’s good for my friends who want somewhere else to work and that’s great. But aside from talk, I haven’t really seen anything yet.”

You can check out the full interview below: